Hair colouring is one of the best ways to change the way you look entirely. Anyone can colour their hair, but it should be done the right way. Hair colour functions by applying colour to each strand (non-permanent colour) or by breaking through each hair cuticle, getting into the hair cortex, and fusing with the hair (permanent colour).
As the name implies, permanent hair colour remains on the hair permanently, but non-permanent colour can eventually be removed with shampoo. The colour will gradually fade, though, as your hair continues to grow.
Choose the best hair colour for you
There are other types of skin tones besides fair, medium, and dark. They are called undertones. The permanent colour beneath your skin’s surface is referred to as the undertone. Knowing your undertone will assist you in selecting the colours and shades that complement you best. Undertones are traditionally classified as warm, cool, or neutral.
Here’s an easy way for you to determine your undertone. It is through your veins. You can easily find out your undertone through the colour of your veins. People with a warm undertone have green veins, while those with a cool undertone have blue veins. People with neutral undertones have purple veins. And while your skin tone is susceptible to change, your undertone remains constant.
Top attractive hair colours for men
Light brown highlights
If you are looking for a more natural yet stylish hair colour, these light brown hair highlights are the best choice for you. The colour makes a good combination with the black hair colour of Indian men.
Copper brown hair colour
This copper brown hair colour gives your hair a reddish-orange hue that looks like copper. The colour is very subtle and will look good on men with olive or dark skin tones. When it comes to undertones, it suits warm undertones more.
Chocolate brown hair colour
This dark, chocolatey brown hair colour is one of the best hair colours for Indian men. It looks natural on the hair and is suitable for men who don’t want to go for bright and obvious colours. It suits people with a cool undertone.
These blonde highlights are a cool contrast to the dark brown or black hair of Indian men. This hair colour looks great on people with a medium complexion and warmer skin tones.
Red hair colour
This hair colour suits men with a medium skin tone the best. They can have either warm or cool undertones. If you have pale skin, choose a lighter shade of red for your hair.
This beach blonde hair colour is available in both cool and warm shades. So choose the shade that suits you best if you opt for this hair colour.
Burgundy or deep red hair colour
This hair colour suits men with medium to fair complexion the best. Men with warm and a little dark undertone can choose a more deeper red shade to make the colour stand out.
Blue colour highlights
Men with a dark complexion who wish to experiment with slightly brighter hair colours can go for this blue highlight. This is one of the bright hair colours that will look good on men with dark skin tones.
Tips to take care of coloured hair
Deciding to get your hair coloured and finally doing it is a long process. All these efforts will be wasted if you do not take good care of your hair before and after colouring. Here are some of the tips you can follow to take care of your coloured hair.
- Don’t shampoo your hair before hair colouring. The natural oils in your hair are important to protect your scalp from itching or other allergic reactions due to the dyes.
- Just because a dye suits someone doesn’t mean it will suit you too. So always do a patch test before using a hair dye.
- Keep your hair moisturised before hair colouring. You can use a leave-in conditioner or a hydrating hair mask a day before colouring.
Getting your hair coloured is just the beginning. The main work starts when you begin to take care of your hair. Here are some tips that you can follow while taking care of your hair after colouring it.
- After colouring your hair, wait at least 2 to 3 days before washing it. The hair cuticles are left unprotected and more vulnerable to harm due to hair colouring. Reduce the number of times you wash your hair in the future to preserve its brilliant colour.
- High heat can cause hair to lose moisture. Choose cool or lukewarm showers instead of hot ones. The same is true for styling equipment that uses heat, like curling irons, straighteners, and blow dryers. When styling your hair, use a thermal protectant serum or spray.
- Moisture loss is one of the side effects of hair colouring. So always keep your hair hydrated.
- Pick a shampoo that is specially made to take care of coloured hair. Regular shampoos can make your hair colour fade quickly.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and chlorine. Both can reduce hair moisture and make your hair colour fade quickly.
Get your hair coloured professionally
Having decided on your hair colour, your next dilemma would be choosing a good salon to get your hair coloured professionally. Essensuals is a unisex salon that offers holistic services to its clients. Our hairdressers give you expert hair colouring services and guidance on maintaining its colour and vibrancy. Visit Essensuals today and get professional hair colouring for your hair. For more details regarding our services, click here.
Getting your hair coloured is one of the best ways to groom yourself. Choosing the right hair colour and the best salon for you might be tricky, but with proper research and guidance, it will be an easy process for you.